MaxInsights offers a numerical analysis and recommendation of how to best use this reward system.
The Expedia+ Rewards program targets travelers who like to book through travel websites, especially when said travelers are Expedia+ Voyager cardholders. With that being said, Expedia+ points are worth less than 1 cent apiece, though cardholders might consider them a supplement to the points earned on the card with which they make their Expedia purchases.
- MaxValue Hotel and Package Coupons (0.71 cents per point)
- MaxFlex Hotel and Package Coupons (0.71 cents per point)
- Expected Value 0.71 cents per point
As a member of Expedia+ Rewards, you can earn both Expedia+ Rewards points and points on whatever credit card you use to book your trip (especially if you’re using your Expedia+ Voyager Card from Citi). There are three tiers of membership, and the points become somewhat more valuable as you climb the tiers. With that being said, even the points earned by +gold members are worth no more than can be achieved with many other rewards programs.
- +blue (free): 2 points for every dollar spent on hotels, flights, activities, packages, and cruises
- +silver (7 qualifying nights or $5K): 10% more points than +blue, plus more
- +gold (15 qualifying nights or $10K): 30% more points than +blue, plus more
What exactly are the points worth?
The Expedia+ Rewards program provides three redemption alternatives: Hotel & Package Coupons, Flights, and Charity Donations. The variance in point value across these options is very low, as you can usually expect to redeem your points for 0.6-0.71 cents, regardless of your redemption method.
- Hotel and Package Coupons
- Charity Donations